Now Booking for 2023!
“Make Your Own Glass” sessions at First City Art Center are a hands-on glass experience. No previous glassblowing skills needed!
What to Expect: The class will start with a brief overview of the tools and workplaces that you will use, the instructor will then work one-one-one with you to create a beautiful glass object. After finishing, your item will be put into an annealer (cooling oven). If you have several students in your class, you will take turns. This is a great chance to take pictures of family & friends blowing glass, and watch other artists work in the studio. After your piece cools, the glass instructor will inspect it for any sharp points, then ready it for pick-up the following week in the main office.
Items: Hearts, Starfish, Eggs, Paperweights, Birds, and Flowers, ages 8+, offered on weekends by appointment! Cost:$85 / Sign-up: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Length of Class: approx. 30 minutes per participant. Please arrive 10 minute prior to your class.
Availability: MYOG are offered The 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. MYOG classes can be booked 48+ hours before the appointment time.
What to wear: Participants must wear cotton clothing (no synthetics), closed-toed shoes and bring a hair-tie for securing long hair away from face.
Cost: $85 per item/participant
Location: Creative Warehouse, “Hot Shop”, Building #1. If you are new to FCAC, please see the campus map below.
Sign-up: Online sign-up form is having issues – email email@example.com to book – click orange “sign up” button- add participants – choose a date/time – click “BOOK NOW”
Make-Your-Own-Glass Pick-up and Shipment
You can pick-up your Make-Your-Own-Glass items in the office the week following your appointment. Please confirm with your instructor what specific date items will be ready for pickup.
If you would like your work shipped to you, the glass packing and shipment fee is $45, 3+ items may require an additional fee. If you would like your MYOG items shipped arrangements must be made in advance through the FCAC office.
For more information, please contact the office at First City Art Center.
Make-Your-Own Bird, Heart, Starfish, Egg, Paperweight, or Flower
|Duration||approximately 30 minutes|
|Instructor||Connor Baldwin & Cory Goodale|
1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, by appointment, based on availability.
- Students must arrive with closed-toed shoes (sneakers or boots - no sandals!), hair ties for pulling long hair back, and cotton clothing (no synthetic clothing - it can melt to skin!)
- All classes and workshops require pre-registration and pre-payment.
- Make Your Own Glass pieces will be ready in the office the week following your appointment - confirm with your instructor for a specific pickup day.
- There are no refunds for no-show appointments. Appointments can be rescheduled without penalty with at least 24 hours notice.
- All materials and tools are provided.
- If the work can't be picked up within 30 days, the fee for packing and shipping glass is $45.