2021 Glass Mentorship Program
First City Art Center is proud to offer FREE comprehensive glass instruction to six high school students 9th – 11th grade in Escambia and Santa Rosa County.
This is a 12 class, 6-week introductory course in which participants will learn the fundamentals skills to become proficient in glassblowing. After completion of the course, participants will have the opportunity to continue blowing glass at FCAC, join the glass guild, and take part in glass production as a volunteer.
Glass Program Currently On Hold
2021 Fall Ceramics Mentorship Program
First City Art Center is proud to offer FREE comprehensive ceramics instruction to six high school students 9th – 11th grade in Escambia and Santa Rosa County, and is funded this year by First City Art Center’s Pottery Guild.
This is a condensed ceramics course that covers hand building and wheel throwing techniques. Participants will meet each week on Friday and Saturday evenings from 5pm-8pm, starting on Friday November 5th through November 20th, 2021.
Application: Please fill out and submit the application form here.
Written Recommendation Letter: For consideration, the student must have a written recommendation letter by a high school teacher, or other adult such as a volunteer group leader, or coach. The letter must be emailed directly from the teacher to Ben Twingley, Interim Creative Director at: Create@firstcityart.org. Please put “Ceramics Mentorship Recommendation Letter” in the email subject line.
Images of recent art/craft work: (Optional) Interested students may submit 3 images of recent artwork to: Create@firstcityart.org.
Deadline for the application/recommendation letter: Oct. 22, 2021
Students will be notified via email: Oct. 29, 2021
- Submission of completed Mentorship Application and a Recommendation Letter, both must be received no later than the posted deadline.
- Each student and parent will be required to sign a waiver agreement form.
- Students will be responsible for obtaining their own transportation to and from First City Art Center.
- Students are expected to attend each scheduled class, arrive on time, and work in the studio for the full 3 hr. class time.
- If a student is unable to attend a class session, we will expect some notification beforehand (phone call, email).
- Students are expected to participate in studio set-up and clean-up procedures.
- Students will be required to wear a mask while indoors. Disposable masks are available for students to wear.
For questions or additional information, please contact Ben Twingley, Interim Creative Director at: Create@firstcityart.org