Classes are projected to restart June 1st. If the class start date is rescheduled due to city, state, or national mandates, you will be issued or reissued a credit for this class. We are taking all the CDC precautions to ensure the safety of students and staff. Please adhere to the signage in the studio, follow all cleaning protocols given by the instructor, practice social distancing, proper hand-washing, and we encourage you to wear a mask for your safety and the safety of other students. We appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing you in the studio!
In the Clay Sculpture class, participants create stoneware sculptures of any subjects they wish. Critiques and advice are provided to help everyone realize their desired results.
Demonstrations of figurative work, portraits and abstract sculptures are presented.
The class covers technical processes such as construction methods, hand-building with coils and slabs, using temporary armatures, modeling, surface treatments, textures, stains, glazing and firing.
This class is for beginner, intermediate and advanced students. The workshop covers the aesthetics of sculpture but the goal is to have fun while creating memorable art.
Jan 11 – Feb 15, Feb 29 – April 4, April 18 – May 23, June 5 – July 10, July 24 – Aug 28, Sep 10 – Oct 17, Oct 31 – Dec 5
Open Studio for Clay Sculpture
Students enrolled in one of our six-week pottery classes may participate in Open Studio for no additional cost for the duration of the class. This benefit extends to the seventh week right after the session, which allows students to finish work made in class.
Open Studio Days and Times
- Monday 9 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday 9 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday 6 p.m.-9 p.m.*
- Friday 9 a.m.-noon
- Sunday 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
* On evening hours if no one shows up by 7:45 p.m. the studio may close.
Saturday Mornings 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Students under 18 must be approved by the instructor before enrolling. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents of students under 18 may need to attend with the child. The instructor will determine this.
- Participant/Guardian is responsible for notifying FCAC if there are any considerations, medical conditional, ect. that the Instructor should be aware of.
- WAIVER: Signed waivers are required for participation. Please sign and bring with you to your class.
- WAIVER: Students under the age of 18, must have parent/guardian signature.
- Price includes one bag of clay, all materials, use of studio tools, firing and Open Studio time for the duration of the class.
Students will receive a refund of tuition minus 10% if the student contacts us no later than 7 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the class will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations within 48 hours before the start of the class, or after the class has begun will not be refunded. In the case of an emergency, the student may be able to transfer their payment towards another class based on availability.
Class sizes are limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, FCAC is unable to prorate students for missed classes or classes that they are unable to attend. We strive to provide the highest quality art classes and we value your feedback. If you would like to share your experience or have questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Class Cancellation Policy- MORE INFO