3D Printsacola combines machine generative art with hands-on artmaking practices.
“3D Printsacola”, Steamroller Edition: 3DPrintsacola combines machine generative art with hands-on art-making practices.
This event features a massive 8-ton concrete compaction “steamroller” machine rolling through the parking lot across fabric and scrolls of paper with hand-carved blocks beneath them, revealing a beautiful collaboration of hand and industrial machine-made prints. We’ll have a hands-on activity area for event attendees to drop in and experiment with stamps and printmaking techniques, and there will also be an incredible learning opportunity utilizing IHMC’s 3D Printable STEAM robots, geodesic dome structures that create their own patterns on paper as they move. Also featuring amazing glass blowing demonstrations by glass artist Fred Kahl!
- Ticket Cost Fri. Nov. 8: $10 suggested donation at the gate FREE for FCAC members
- Steamroller printmaking in parking lot, demonstrations on the hour at: 6pm, 7pm, 8pm
- Hands-on activity area: printmaking, stamping, 3D printable STEAM robots
- Glassblowing demos featuring Fred Kahl, a glass artist using 3D Printing processes
- Pop-up exhibition featuring 3D Printed Objects made by PSC Sculpture students
- Art Gallery 1060 open for viewing, live music
- ECUA Free water station and recycling area
- Food Trucks will be on-site, as well as sodas, beer and wine available for purchase
November 8, 2019
- November 4 - 7: 3D Printing and Glassblowing Workshop with artist Fred Kahl: 10am - 6pm. Workshop Registration will be available in October! Please email email@example.com for more info.
- November 7 at 7pm: Keynote Speakers Rodney Mullen and David Fries at IHMC: FREE and open to the public! 40 S Alcaniz St, Pensacola, FL 32502
- November 8 from 5-9pm: Main Event "3D Printsacola" at FCAC: FREE for members, or a $10 suggested donation. 1060 N. Guillemard St. Pensacola, FL 32501