Youth Art Program
First City Art Center offers a variety of classes for children and teens both weekday and on Saturdays. Currently FCAC is accepting applications for Yoga and Art for Kids (3rd Saturday), Creating with Clay (1st Saturday), and teachers to lead the Hands-on field-trip program. In the fall of 2018 the Youth Art Program will expand and Creatisphere Summer Camp teachers will be given priority consideration.
Please see (How To Apply) below.
Creatisphere Summer Art Camp
Creatisphere is the ultimate summer art experience! This dynamic program includes hands-on workshops in pottery, sculpture, photography, glass blowing, bookmaking, 3-D mixed media, painting, printmaking, drawing, fiber arts and more! Creatisphere Summer Camp is designed for children age 7-12.
Creatisphere takes art “out of the box,” allowing participants to explore and experiment with unique art forms that encourage creative development, critical thinking skills and innovation. The classroom environment must encourage creative expression and, most importantly, having fun! The utmost importance is placed on the safely of the students — but this is not a traditional classroom setting and students are allowed to move about the classroom as long as they are not disturbing others.
This year we will offer 2 positions: Art Educator and Art Teacher. Applicants will be considered for both when applying.
Summer Camp Staff are contracted employees, and must sign, agree, and adhere to camp policies.
Educator (Morning)- Responsible for creating a lesson plan to follow the theme for the week. Lesson plan includes daily journal drawing assignments, relative vocabulary, PowerPoint and/or videos on the medium, artist, or technique covered, and creating/using engaging handouts to be added to the journals. Educator is responsible for teaching technique, process, and leading high-quality projects to reinforce skills learned. Educators will work with afternoon Teachers, giving any project completion instructions and directions to ensure the program is well rounded. Educators will upload all lesson plans, handouts, presentations, videos to a Google Drive folder at least 4 weeks before the week of the scheduled camp.
- Teaching Certification, teaching experience of at least 3 years, and strong background in visual arts. Educators will not be scheduled for all 10 weeks, but should be available for the entire summer.
- This position will be limited to 2-3 Educators for the program.
Teacher (Afternoon)- Responsible for leading fun and creative art labs, where the campers have the freedom and flexibility to experiment with materials and self-direct under teacher guided parameters. Projects may be suggested to ensure that the program is well rounded and balanced in relation to the morning class. Teachers will be provided with a binder with project samples options. To meet the needs of the class and engage the students, teachers are encouraged to alter suggested projects or offer “other,” projects following the interests of the children. Teachers may be given project completion instructions from morning Educators.
- Experience working with children ages 7-12, art background and/or related degree preferred.
- Applicants should be available to teach at least 4 weeks.
How to Apply:
- When applying include your full availability, both dates and time of the day.
- Please specify all mediums that you are familiar with, and any mediums that you specialize in.
- Also notate if you are heat sensitive, and if you are comfortable leading outside games, dance, movement activities, or yoga.
- If applying for Creatisphere Summer Camp also submit a lesson plan example to cover the theme Mixed Media for 2 consecutive days of camp, 3 hour classes each, age 7-11.
- Before hiring, a background check will be conducted.
- Submit your resume including professional references to email@example.com.