First City Art Center is a distributor for Standard Ceramic Supply and Laguna Clay Company
We have a wide variety of clay bodies for throwing, hand-building and sculpting, as well as raw materials for mixing glazes, Kemper clay tools, and ceramic ribs from Mudtools.
We are happy to special order any materials that you need.
****To place an order for pickup:****
- All orders must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (if email is not possible, call/text the FCAC clay phone: (850) 792-5162) Please include: quantity of each item you would like to order, your phone number, and your email address.
- Orders will then be processed within 3 business days, and a payable invoice will be sent via email.
You can pick up your order by appointment on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons from 12-4:30 p.m.
****To place an order for contact-free delivery:****
- All orders must be sent via email to email@example.com (if email is not possible, call/text the FCAC clay phone: (850) 792-5162) Please include: quantity of each item you would like to order, your phone number, and your address for delivery. A delivery fee of $1 per mile (one way) will be applied to all orders under $60.
- Orders will then be processed within 3 business days, and a payable invoice will be sent. You will receive a phone call or email with your delivery date once we’ve received payment for your order.
- Upon delivery, materials will be placed on doorstep (or another requested location) outside of the customer’s residence to limit exposure.
- All products will be sanitized and will be handled while wearing gloves.
(within 25 miles of FCAC)
Tuesday: Gulf Breeze, Pensacola Beach, Navarre areas
Wednesday: Milton, Pace areas
Thursday: Downtown Pensacola, Western Pensacola areas
We will be offering deliveries to specific neighboring areas once per week. As we are a small organization, we need enough orders to justify a trip to your area.
So, now is the time to stock up on clays and glazes, or tell your friends and neighbors to place orders! (Larger orders=faster delivery)
Available Laguna and Standard Clays:
B-Mix 5 (^6)
- A versatile cone 6 stoneware with a smooth, porcelain-like finish. Great for throwing and handbuilding, and fired to a light buff in cone 6 oxidation. $32/box
B-Mix 5 with grog (^6)
- Same as B-Mix 5, but with a fine grog added to increase durability. $32/box
WC 606 Miller #50 (^6)
- Light sand colored cone 6 stoneware with fine dark brown specks that enhance glazes. (Similar to Standard 112 Speckled Brown) Great for throwing. $32/box
B-Mix 10 (^10)
- Same as other B-Mixes but fires to cone 10. $32/box
B-Mix 10 with grog (^10)
- Same as other B-Mixes but fires to cone 10, with a fine grog added to increase durability. $32/box
B-Mix Woodfire (^10)
- A specially formulated version of B-mix 10 for wood, soda, and salt firing. Can be fired up to cone 12. $39/box
Mexo White Air Dry Clay (DO NOT FIRE)
- A white claybody formulated to dry without kiln use, it is suitable for throwing, coiling, and sculpting. Once dry, decorate with acrylic paint. Great for kids! $45/box
101 Buff (^02-9)
- An all purpose stoneware clay with a wide firing range for throwing and modeling. $32/box
104 Red with grog (^06-4)
- Versatile clay with fine grog. Use for handbuilding, slab work and wheel. $32/box
105 White (^06-04)
- Smooth, plastic low fire body. Can be used for throwing and handbuilding. Perfect for classroom use. $32/box
105 White with grog (^06-4)
- Same as 105 but has fine grog. $32/box
365 Grolleg Porcelain (^6)
- Porcelain body with a parian like quality. It’s white, tight and translucent when thin. Contains no ball clay. $42/box
420 Sculpture (^6)
- Our most heavily grogged body, formulated for sculpture. $32/box
710 Dark Brown with grog (^6)
- Smooth and plastic. Contains manganese and a small amount of fine grog is added. It’s good for all techniques. $38/box
108 Red with grog (^10)
- A high fire red clay with medium grog and sand for surface texture and minimal cracking and warping. Designed for sculpture, slab, and coil work. $38/box
182 White Stoneware with grog (^10)
- Near white plastic stoneware body. Perfect for throwing, and good for use with bright glazes. $32/box
259 Stoneware (^10)
- A warm, medium brown claybody that responds well to all techniques. Excellent for production potters and classroom use. $32/box
257 English Porcelain (^10)
- White porcelain that is translucent when thin. Contains no ball clay. $42/box
437 Troy Porcelain (^10)
- A versatile, plastic English kaolin body. It throws and takes glazes well. It can be used in reduction, wood, and salt firings. Translucent when thin. $50/box
FCAC members receive a 10% discount off of list prices. Discounts are also available for bulk purchases, but cannot be combined with the member discount. For more information, please contact Clare, Ceramics Supply Manager at FCAC.
-To place orders, please call ahead to ensure that we have what you need and it is currently in stock. We will prepare your order for pick-up.
-Dry materials are special order only, please allow 2 weeks for materials to arrive.
For more information, special orders, and availability, contact Clare Mattilio, Ceramics Supply Manager.
Clay Phone: 850-792-5162
Office Phone: 850-429-1222
Office Hours: Tuesday- Saturday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.