“Make Your Own Glass” sessions at First City Art Center are a hands-on glass experience. No previous glassblowing skills needed!
Starfish and Flowers are offered the 2nd and 4th Saturday each month 1:30-5 p.m. Click sign-up to see available dates.
Groups smaller than 7 participants, or individual appointments must be scheduled during regular daytime hours 10-3, on Fridays and Saturdays. Please click on Sign Up to see available dates.
Groups of 7+ please CLICK HERE to schedule a group class.
All glass needs to slowly and the glass instructor may need to sand edges after the piece is cooled. You can pick-up your Make-Your-Own-Glass items in the office the Thursday following your appointment. Please call or email to confirm your piece(s) are ready for pick-up at (850) 429-1222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like your work shipped to you, the glass packing and shipment fee is $45. 3+ items may require an additional fee. If you would like your MYOG items shipped arrangements must be made in advance.
For more information, please contact the office at First City Art Center.
Make-Your-Own Glass Starfish or Flower
|Duration||approximately 20-25 minutes|
Fridays and Saturdays, based on availability.
- Students must arrive with closed-toed shoes (sneakers or boots - no sandals!), hair ties for pulling long hair back, and cotton clothing (no synthetic clothing - it can melt to skin!)
- All classes and workshops require pre-registration and pre-payment.
- Make Your Own Glass pieces will be ready in the office by the Thursday following your appointment.
- There are no refunds for no-show appointments. Appointments can be rescheduled without penalty with at least 24 hours notice.
- All materials and tools are provided.
- If the work can't be picked up within 30 days, the fee for packing and shipping glass is $45.
Students will receive a refund of tuition minus 10% if the student contacts us no later than 7 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the class will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations within 48 hours before the start of the class, or after the class has begun will not be refunded. In the case of an emergency, the student may be able to transfer their payment towards another class based on availability.
Class sizes are limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, FCAC is unable to prorate students for missed classes or classes that they are unable to attend. We strive to provide the highest quality art classes and we value your feedback. If you would like to share your experience or have questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.