Introduction to Pottery On The Wheel is a fun workshop where participants receive an introduction to materials, equipment and throwing techniques. The instructor works individually with students to develop finesse and consistency in throwing on the wheel.
If you are a newcomer to pottery, this introduction will quickly give you the basic tools and get you throwing on the wheel and making pots. If you’ve had some experience on the wheel in the past, you will get a refresher on the basics and personalized coaching on the finer points. If you are a potter, taking this wonderful class with a friend is a great way to introduce them to pottery.
Each session begins with a brief demonstration of an aspect of throwing, from centering to glazing, followed by hands-on time at the wheel.
Limited to three students.
Minimum Age 14
Offered on Saturday 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- All classes and workshops require pre-registration and pre-payment.
- 24-hour notice of cancellation must be given to First City Art Center for a refund of fees.
- Make up classes are available for a missed class on the seventh week (or week between the six-week sessions)
- Open Studio time cannot be substituted for a missed class.
- WAIVER: Signed waivers are required for participation. Please sign and bring with you to your class. Students under the age of 18, must also have parent/guardian signature and accompany participant to class.
Students will receive a refund of tuition minus 10% if the student contacts us no later than 7 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the class will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations within 48 hours before the start of the class, or after the class has begun will not be refunded. In the case of an emergency, the student may be able to transfer their payment towards another class based on availability.
Class sizes are limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, FCAC is unable to prorate students for missed classes or classes that they are unable to attend. We strive to provide the highest quality art classes and we value your feedback. If you would like to share your experience or have questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.