This 6 week class introduces beginners to basic wheel techniques. The course will include wedging, centering clay, throwing a variety of bowl and cylinder forms such as cups and vases, finishing and glazing.
This class provides individual attention to beginners and then enables students to evolve at their own level and improve their skills in clay. This class is great for the first year of learning to throw on the wheel.
If you are new to FCAC, please see the campus map at the bottom of the page for studio location.
- January 3 – February 7
- February 21 – March 28
- April 11 – May 16
- May 30 – July 4
- July 18 – August 22
When you arrive for class please use the De Soto Street entrance to enter the FCAC parking lot. You may park anywhere in the lot that is available, but please do not block cars from exiting. There are several parking spaces along Guillemard St. if you need closer parking than available in the parking lot.
The IMPACT 100 Ceramic Studio (building #1) is located on the left side of the warehouse patio. The patio is straight ahead when entering the parking lot. Look for the double glass doors for the studio entrance to the left when you step onto the patio.
Ceramics Open Studio
Students enrolled in one of our six-week pottery classes are able to participate in Open Studio for no additional cost for the duration of the class. This benefit extends to the seventh week right after the session, which allows students to finish work made in class.
* On evening hours if no students show up by 7:45 p.m. the studio may close.
COVID-19 Campus Policies
Masking is optional for indoor programming as of February 28, 2022 per CDC recommendations, but FCAC still encourages masking for those who choose to or are vulnerable to Covid-19. FCAC management will monitor Covid-19 conditions and reserves the right to change policies at any time.
Katie Soo Taylor
- Students under 18 must be approved by the instructor before enrolling. Please contact email@example.com
- Parents of students under 18 may need to attend with the child. The instructor will determine this.
- Participant/Guardian is responsible for notifying FCAC if there are any considerations, medical conditional, ect. that the Instructor should be aware of.
- WAIVER: Signed waivers are required for participation. Please sign and bring with you to your class.
- WAIVER: Students under the age of 18, must have parent/guardian signature.
- Price includes one bag of clay, all materials, use of studio tools, firing and Open Studio time for the duration of the class.
Students will receive a refund of tuition minus 10% if the student contacts us no later than 7 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the class will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations within 48 hours before the start of the class, or after the class has begun will not be refunded. In the case of an emergency, the student may be able to transfer their payment towards another class based on availability.
Class sizes are limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, FCAC is unable to prorate students for missed classes or classes that they are unable to attend. We strive to provide the highest quality art classes and we value your feedback. If you would like to share your experience or have questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Class Cancellation Policy- MORE INFO