In the Clay Sculpture class, participants create stoneware sculptures of any subjects they wish. Critiques and advice are provided to help everyone realize their desired results.
Demonstrations of figurative work, portraits and abstract sculptures are presented.
The class covers technical processes such as construction methods, hand-building with coils and slabs, using temporary armatures, modeling, surface treatments, textures, stains, glazing and firing.
This class is for beginner, intermediate and advanced students. The workshop covers the aesthetics of sculpture but the goal is to have fun while creating memorable art.
*A $25 material fee will be added to each class at the time of checkout*
To learn more about the instructor click on the link- Instructor Sam Nettles Artist Bio
- January 6 – February 10
- February 24 – March 30
- April 13 – May 18
- June 1- July 6
- July 20- August 24
- September 7 – October 12
- October 26 – November 30
When you arrive for class please use the De Soto Street entrance to enter the FCAC parking lot. You may park anywhere in the lot that is available, please do not block cars from exiting. There are several parking spaces along Guillemard St. if you need closer parking than available in the parking lot.
The hand building and sculpture studio (building #3), is located in the Northeast corner of campus, to your far right when entering the parking lot. The classroom is a yellow building. See the campus map below.
Ceramics Open Studio
Students enrolled in one of our six-week pottery classes are able to participate in Open Studio for no additional cost for the duration of the class. This benefit extends to the seventh week right after the session, which allows students to finish work made in class.
* On evening hours if no one shows up by 7:45 p.m. the studio may close.
Saturday Mornings 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Students under 18 must be approved by the instructor before enrolling. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents of students under 18 may need to attend with the child. The instructor will determine this.
- Participant/Guardian is responsible for notifying FCAC if there are any considerations, medical conditional, ect. that the Instructor should be aware of.
- WAIVER: Signed waivers are required for participation. Please sign and bring with you to your class.
- WAIVER: Students under the age of 18, must have parent/guardian signature.
- Price includes one bag of clay, all materials, use of studio tools, firing and Open Studio time for the duration of the class.
Students will receive a refund of tuition minus 10% if the student contacts us no later than 7 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the class will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations within 48 hours before the start of the class, or after the class has begun will not be refunded. In the case of an emergency, the student may be able to transfer their payment towards another class based on availability.
Class sizes are limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, FCAC is unable to prorate students for missed classes or classes that they are unable to attend. We strive to provide the highest quality art classes and we value your feedback. If you would like to share your experience or have questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com