In the Clay Sculpture class, participants create stoneware sculptures of any subjects they wish. Critiques and advice are provided to help everyone realize their desired results.
Demonstrations of figurative work, portraits and abstract sculptures are presented.
The class covers technical processes such as construction methods, hand-building with coils and slabs, using temporary armatures, modeling, surface treatments, textures, stains, glazing and firing.
This class is for beginner, intermediate and advanced students. The workshop covers the aesthetics of sculpture but the goal is to have fun while creating memorable art.
To learn more about the instructor click on the link- Instructor Sam Nettles Artist Bio
If the class start date is rescheduled due to city, state, or national mandates, you will be issued or reissued a credit for this class. We are taking all the CDC precautions to ensure the safety of students and staff. Please adhere to the signage in the studio, follow all cleaning protocols given by the instructor, practice social distancing, proper hand-washing, and we encourage you to wear a mask for your safety and the safety of other students. We appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing you in the studio!
- January 7th – February 11th
- February 25th – April 1st
- April 15th – May 20th
- June 3rd – July 8th
- July 22nd – August 26th
- September 9th – October 14th
- October 28th – December 2nd
When you arrive for class please use the De Soto Street entrance to enter the FCAC parking lot. You may park anywhere in the lot that is available, please do not block cars from exiting. There are several parking spaces along Guillemard St. if you need closer parking than available in the parking lot.
The hand building and sculpture studio (building #3), is located in the Northeast corner of campus, to your far right when entering the parking lot. The classroom is a yellow building. See the campus map below.
Ceramics Open Studio
Students enrolled in one of our six-week pottery classes are able to participate in Open Studio for no additional cost for the duration of the class. This benefit extends to the seventh week right after the session, which allows students to finish work made in class.
* On evening hours if no one shows up by 7:45 p.m. the studio may close.
COVID-19 Campus Policies
Masking is optional for indoor programming as of February 28, 2022 per CDC recommendations, but FCAC still encourages masking for those who choose to or are vulnerable to Covid-19. FCAC management will monitor Covid-19 conditions and reserves the right to change policies at any time.
Saturday Mornings 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Students under 18 must be approved by the instructor before enrolling. Please contact email@example.com
- Parents of students under 18 may need to attend with the child. The instructor will determine this.
- Participant/Guardian is responsible for notifying FCAC if there are any considerations, medical conditional, ect. that the Instructor should be aware of.
- WAIVER: Signed waivers are required for participation. Please sign and bring with you to your class.
- WAIVER: Students under the age of 18, must have parent/guardian signature.
- Price includes one bag of clay, all materials, use of studio tools, firing and Open Studio time for the duration of the class.
Students will receive a refund of tuition minus 10% if the student contacts us no later than 7 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the class will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations within 48 hours before the start of the class, or after the class has begun will not be refunded. In the case of an emergency, the student may be able to transfer their payment towards another class based on availability.
Class sizes are limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, FCAC is unable to prorate students for missed classes or classes that they are unable to attend. We strive to provide the highest quality art classes and we value your feedback. If you would like to share your experience or have questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Class Cancellation Policy- MORE INFO