Click on the Sign-Up button to register!
Handbuilding Class Session Dates: April 16 – May 21 * June 4 – July 9 * July 23 – Aug 27 * Sep 10 – Oct 15 * Oct 29 – Dec 3
Clay handbuilding is an ancient pottery making technique, but there is no shortage of exciting work being created today by the hands of ceramic artists. The basic techniques are easy to learn and the range of forms that are produced is very broad. In this class we experiment with approaches to construction and decoration that help you expand your craft and your art.
We have sample projects around the pottery studio from which to draw inspiration, and a library of books and ceramics magazines to browse, learn new techniques or find new challenges to pursue.
Ceramics Open Studio
Students enrolled in one of our six-week pottery classes are able to participate in Open Studio for no additional cost for the duration of the class. This benefit extends to the seventh week right after the session, which allows students to finish work made in class.
Open Studio Days and Times
- Monday 9 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday 9 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday 6 p.m.-9 p.m.*
- Friday 9 a.m.-noon
- Sunday 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
* On evening hours if no one shows up by 7:45 p.m. the studio may close.
Tuesday Mornings 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Students under 18 must be approved by the instructor before enrolling. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org The instructor will determine this.
- Parents of students under 18 may need to attend with the child.
- Participant/Guardian is responsible for notifying FCAC if there are any considerations, medical conditional, ect. that the Instructor should be aware of.
- WAIVER: Signed waivers are required for participation. Please sign and bring with you to your class.
- WAIVER: Students under the age of 18, must have parent/guardian signature.
- Price includes one bag of clay, all materials, use of studio tools, firing and Open Studio time for the duration of the class.
Students will receive a refund of tuition minus 10% if the student contacts us no later than 7 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the class will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations within 48 hours before the start of the class, or after the class has begun will not be refunded. In the case of an emergency, the student may be able to transfer their payment towards another class based on availability.
Class sizes are limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, FCAC is unable to prorate students for missed classes or classes that they are unable to attend. We strive to provide the highest quality art classes and we value your feedback. If you would like to share your experience or have questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.