Click on the Sign-Up button above to see class dates and sign-up!
The Clay Hand Building with Meaghan Gates workshop is a six-week course focusing on making functional and decorative pottery with a variety of traditional and modern handbuilding techniques. Participants learn freehand and mold techniques to make a wide range of forms, from bowls and mugs to wall hangings and platters.
Forms will be complimented through glazing and finishing techniques that add color and design to the work.
This course is for beginner and intermediate students.
Artist/ Instructor Bio
Meaghan Gates is a ceramic artist who received her BFA from California State University, Chico and her MFA from University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, as a Distinguished Art Fellow. She has worked on projects at the Guldagergaard International Ceramic Research Center in Denmark, Shigaraki Ceramic Cultural Park in Japan, Sanbao Ceramic Institute in China, in collaboration with Ammachi Labs at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University) in southern India, and across the United States. Her ceramic sculptures have been shown and collected both nationally and internationally. Currently, she continues to develop new forms and is an adjunct professor at the University West Florida.
Open Studio for Pottery on the Wheel Classes
Students enrolled in one of our ongoing pottery class sessions may participate in Open Studio for no additional fee for the duration of the class.
This benefit extends to the week following the session, which allows students to finish work made in class.
Open Studio Days and Times
- Monday 9 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday 9 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday 6 p.m.-9 p.m.*
- Friday 9 a.m.-noon
- Sunday 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
* On evening hours if no one shows up by 7:45 p.m. the studio may close.
Tuesday evenings 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Students under 18 must be approved by the instructor before enrolling. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents of students under 18 may need to attend with the child. The instructor will determine this.
- Participant/Guardian is responsible for notifying FCAC if there are any considerations, medical conditional, ect. that the Instructor should be aware of.
- WAIVER: Signed waivers are required for participation. Please sign and bring with you to your class.
- WAIVER: Students under the age of 18, must have parent/guardian signature.
- Price includes one bag of clay, all materials, use of studio tools, firing and Open Studio time for the duration of the class.
Students will receive a refund of tuition minus 10% if the student contacts us no later than 7 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations up to 48 hours before the start of the class will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations within 48 hours before the start of the class, or after the class has begun will not be refunded. In the case of an emergency, the student may be able to transfer their payment towards another class based on availability.
Class sizes are limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, FCAC is unable to prorate students for missed classes or classes that they are unable to attend. We strive to provide the highest quality art classes and we value your feedback. If you would like to share your experience or have questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.