3D Printsacola combines machine generative art with hands-on artmaking practices.
Come celebrate a new interactive sculptural landscape and experience artists, scientists, and skaters combining machines and humans together in a fun, casual atmosphere.
All are welcome to engage in the experience of live action art-making and creative skateboarding!
IHMC and FCAC are collaborating using innovative methods to create 3D formed skateable concrete “skulptures”, designed by local skaters, local artists and FCAC’s Creative Scientist in Residence, David Fries from IHMC, and Rodney Mullen, “The Godfather of Modern Street Skating” from Redondo Beach, CA. On November 1st, The legendary Rodney Mullen and local skaters will showcase creative skate culture and the “skulptures” at 3D Printsacola, enhanced with augmented reality (AR), an interactive experience where the skateable object expands the creative space around the object and performer.
3D Printsacola will feature these completed 3D formed “skulptures” with skating demonstrations by local skaters and deep insight into the creative skate process by Rodney Mullen!
There will be a hands-on activity area for event attendees to drop in and learn about working with STEAM LEGO robots, and 3D geodesic dome structures that create their own patterns on paper as they move!
3D Printsacola on Friday, November 1st from 7:00 – 9:00 pm at FCAC
- 3D formed skateable “skulptures” and landscape designed by a team of artists, skaters, and scientists.
- The legendary Rodney Mullen will provide insight into skating’s innovation culture, creative movement, and spatial design
- IHMC’s innovative technology on display – Robotic Material “Printing”
- Hands-on activity area: STEAM LEGO robots
- Art Gallery 1060 open for viewing
- Food Trucks, Beer and Wine
Ticketed Pre-Event VIP Reception November 1st, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
A limited number of VIP tickets available for November 1st: includes catered hors d’oeuvres, drinks, AND the opportunity to mingle with Rodney Mullen, IHMC team, and participating artists.
VIP tickets will be available for purchase via Eventbrite on October 15th. Only 40 tickets will be available for purchase!
Tickets for 3D Printsacola Friday, November 1st from 7:00 – 9:00 pm: FREE for members/$10 Suggested Donation
November 1, 2019
- Limited VIP Tickets for November 1st Event: includes catered hors d’oeuvres, drinks, AND the opportunity to mingle with Rodney Mullen, IHMC team, and participating artists. ONLY 40 VIP tickets will be available for purchase on Eventbrite October 15th!
- VIP tickets will be available for purchase via Eventbrite on October 15th. ONLY 40 tickets will be available for this exclusive VIP experience!
- November 4 - 7: 3D Printing and Glassblowing Workshop with artist Fred Kahl: 10am - 6pm. Workshop Registration will be available in October! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- November 7 at 7pm: Keynote Speakers Fred Kahl, David Fries, and Thomas Asmuth at IHMC: FREE and open to the public! 40 S Alcaniz St, Pensacola, FL 32502
- November 8 from 5-9pm: "3D Printsacola" Steamroller Edition featuring Fred Kahl at FCAC: FREE for members, or a $10 suggested donation. 1060 N. Guillemard St. Pensacola, FL 32501