Approximately 10 hrs weekly, maximum 20 hrs. per bi-weekly pay period
Target Start Date: July 1st, 2019
Position Reports to: Managing Director and Creative Director
First City Art Center is looking for a part-time bookkeeper who wants to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and growing non-profit arts organization. This position is responsible for company accounting; handles accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales, purchases, and payroll. Includes entering data into Quickbooks, keeping accurate records, preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports, preparing checks for director’s approval, paying bills and invoices as needed with director’s approval. Preparing and submitting deposits, processing payroll, filing and paying monthly sales tax returns. We need someone who is self-motivated, with a proven history of high performance, to support the Managing Director, Creative Director, and staff in Pensacola, FL.
This position requires outstanding planning, time management, and organizational skills. Superior attention to detail, a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is necessary. The ability to be flexible and change direction at a moment’s notice is a must, as is the ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Keeping chronologically ordered records of all transactions, including debit and credit transactions, and recording the value of assets, liabilities, incomes, expenses, and sales.
- Entering income data from Square, Stripe, Paypal, and website transactions.
- Creating and submitting deposits for cash and check transactions.
- Managing and paying invoices and bills in a timely manner.
- Conducting periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Processing payroll bi-weekly.
- Issuing invoices as needed, ensuring that receivables are collected promptly.
- Paying and filing monthly sales tax returns.
- Producing financial statements and other reports for managers and board members on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Calculating variances from the budget on a quarterly basis and reporting significant issues to Managing Director.
- Maintaining the petty cash fund and an orderly accounting filing system.
- Providing clerical and administrative support to management as requested during special fundraising events – collecting cash, running credit card transactions.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or at least 2 years of equivalent business experience in accounting policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience handling cash
- Candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Extremely reliable and responsible
- Positive, proactive, and able to have fun at work and help others do the same
- Grace under pressure, and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Computer Skills: Experience operating Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, Google Software
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
- $11 – $13 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
- Approximately 10 hrs weekly, maximum 20 hours per bi-weekly pay period.
- Work on Mondays, with flexibility in schedule as needed within regular business hours.
- Occasional evening and weekend work as needed for special events, mentioned above.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified Candidates will be contacted for interview, position will remain open until filled. At First City Art Center, diversity is celebrated and supported – we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. FCAC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.