GLASS "HOT SHOP" Open Studio
*Renters must clean the entire work area completely upon completion of a blow slot, including sweeping glass particles off of floor.
*All glass guild members must be members of FCAC, contribute 10 hours of volunteer time per month, and adhere to the Hot Shop policies.
Basic Shop Open Studio:
Glass Guild Member Rate:
Small Hole= $30.00/hour
Lg. Hole= $45.00/hour
Non-Glass Guild Member Rate:
Small Hole= $40.00/hour
Lg. Hole= $55.00/hour
Fee includes use of the following:
• Gas glory hole
• Gas furnace
• 1 bench
• Hand tools including map gas
• ½ of large annealer OR all of small annealer, knock-off table gloves and arm sleeves
Secondary Shop Tool Use:
• Large Glory Hole: Additional $15.00 per hour on top of basic shop rental
• Propane Torch: Additional $5.00 per hour
• Garage: Additional $10.00 per hour
* Oxy-Propane Hot Torch: $5.00 an hour
Extra Annealer Space:
• Large annealer: Additional $50.00 or $25.00 if one half is used in conjunction with a rental
• Small Annealer: Additional $25.00
PREREQUISITES: First time renters at FCAC must complete safety and equipment orientation with Glass Arts Fellow prior to renting the shop.
*Clear glass provided only. Users must provide their own approved colored glass (frit).
CALL 850-429-1222 TO RESERVE GLASSBLOWING TIME.